A head massage may help relieve stress and reduce tension. It may also ease migraine or headache pain, lower blood pressure, improve circulation to your head and neck, and promote hair growth.
Where do you massage to get rid of a headache?
Massage Therapy to Ease Headaches and Tension
Using very firm pressure and a tiny circular motion, gradually move your fingers up along your hairline until they meet in the middle of your forehead, massaging your entire forehead and scalp as you inch along.
How do you get rid of a headache instantly?
In this Article
- Try a Cold Pack.
- Use a Heating Pad or Hot Compress.
- Ease Pressure on Your Scalp or Head.
- Dim the Lights.
- Try Not to Chew.
- Get Some Caffeine.
- Practice Relaxation.
How do you release tension in your head?
The following may also ease a tension headache:
- Apply a heating pad or ice pack to your head for 5 to 10 minutes several times a day.
- Take a hot bath or shower to relax tense muscles.
- Improve your posture.
- Take frequent computer breaks to prevent eye strain.
What part of the foot do you rub for a headache?
Find the spot between the pinky toe and fourth toe, then move down to the area between the knuckles where the toes connect to the feet. Stimulate for several minutes. Applying pressure to this point can help with headaches, period pain, and menstrual headaches.
Why does putting pressure on your head help a headache?
Experiencing the pain and discomfort of a headache is incredibly common. If you’re looking for a more natural way to treat your headache, you may want to think about acupressure and pressure points. Pressure points are parts of the body believed to be extra sensitive, able to stimulate relief in the body.
Why does rubbing your temples help a headache?
Massage helps to relieve the tension and reduces stress and anxiety which make you feel relaxed. 5. The process of massage therapy causes your brain to release a chemical, known as Serotonin, which helps to relieve migraine pain. Studies show that this chemical directly reduces the pain of migraines.
What is the best cure for a headache?
- Rest in a quiet, dark room.
- Hot or cold compresses to your head or neck.
- Massage and small amounts of caffeine.
- Over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) and aspirin.