Acupuncture is also an effective option in treating torn rotator cuff as an alternative to, or after, surgery. A tear can successfully heal with the combination of therapies including acupuncture.
Does acupuncture help torn rotator cuff?
Acupuncture is commonly used for musculoskeletal disorders, and it has been suggested as a meaningful nonsurgical intervention for managing shoulder pain and dysfunction. Manual therapy is also commonly used in the management of rotator cuff tears.
What is the best treatment for rotator cuff injury?
How is a rotator cuff injury treated?
- applying hot or cold packs to the affected shoulder to reduce swelling.
- exercises to restore strength and range of motion.
- injecting the affected area with cortisone, a steroid that helps to reduce inflammation.
- resting the affected arm and wearing a sling to isolate arm motions.
How can I make my rotator cuff heal faster?
3 Little-Known Ways to Help Your Rotator Cuff Heal Faster
- Take nutritional supplements. Some experts advocate taking nutritional supplements to help a rotator cuff tear heal. …
- Stop smoking. If you have surgery for your rotator cuff tear, then you should stop smoking. …
- Change your sleeping position.
What happens if a torn rotator cuff goes untreated?
If left untreated, a rotator cuff tear can severely restrict function and range of motion. The tears can also increase over time. This may cause partial rotator cuff tears to progress to total tears.
What happens if you don’t fix a torn rotator cuff?
Without any treatment—either rest and rehabilitation or surgery—rotator cuff disorders may get worse. Over time, you may have more pain. You may lose range of motion and strength in your shoulder, making it harder to do your daily activities.
Which is better massage or acupuncture?
Using both together enhances the effectiveness of each, resulting in a more complete treatment. Massage leaves the body relaxed and more receptive, which makes the acupuncture more powerful. In turn the more blockages the acupuncture dissolves, the more the body relaxes.